Linda Hay – RN BScN CH, Certified Hypnotherapist/ Grief Educator and Counseller
Linda Hay worked as a Palliative Care nurse for 25 years, helping patients manage pain and other debilitating symptoms of a terminal illness. She is now working as a Consulting Hypnotherapist certified by the National Guild of Hypnotists.
Linda has developed her own technique using hypnosis to help people take control of their lives by using the power of their own subconscious mind. This process helps people overcome a wide array of everyday problems such as insomnia, chronic pain, stress, anxiety, smoking, weight issues, lack of motivation, poor self-esteem, phobias, post-traumatic stress, substance abuse, and other compulsive behaviors. Linda has lectured, offered workshops, and has made many presentations both nationally and internationally on such topics as Palliative Care, Children and Grief, Grief and Bereavement, and the use of Hypnosis for patients with Parkinson’s symptoms, Cancer, and other forms of debilitating disease.
RN and Certified Hypnotherapist
Ottawa, ON Canada
Now residing in Victoria, BC.and offering Virtual sessions worldwide!
Linda provides private and virtual hypnosis sessions and creates personalized downloadable MP3’s for her clients. She lectures, presents, and offers workshops on hypnosis both nationally and internationally. Linda has lectured at the National Guild of Hypnosis conference in Boston, at Algonquin College in Ottawa and the Canadian Palliative Care Conference in Ottawa. Most recently, she has spoken at the Hypnothoughts conference in Las Vegas regarding Hypnosis for patients with Parkinson’s.
Linda Hay Consultants
Grief Counsellor and Educator
Linda has worked as a grief Counsellor and Educator for over 30 years working with children, teens and adults after the loss of a loved one. She is the co-founder of Bereaved Families of Ontario and has years of teaching experience at both Algonquin College and the University of Ottawa School of Nursing.
Queensway Carleton Hospital Ottawa ON
Palliative Care Co-ordinator
Linda was the founder and fundraiser for the Palliative Care Program at Queensway Carleton Hospital in Ottawa where she worked as the Palliative Care Co-ordinator, training and working with over 25 Palliative care volunteers for 18 years.
- RN – Royal Victoria Hospital, Montreal, PQ
- BScN – University of Ottawa, Ottawa, ON
- Co-founder Bereaved Families of Ontario – Ottawa Chapter
- Co-founder of Friends of Hospice-Ottawa
- Fundraiser and Palliative care co-ordinator for the Palliative Care Program at the Queensway Carleton Hospital
- Private practice: Grief Counsellor and Educator
- Certified Hypnotherapist
- Certified Addictionologist using Hypnosis for addictions
- Licensed Practitioner – Virtual Gastric Banding using Hypnosis for Weight Loss
- Neuroplacticity Practioner for patients of stroke and other debilitating issues
- Hypnotherapy for PTSD
- NLP for Trauma, Phobic cure and Flash tecqnique
- Certified PsyTap for stress,anxiety and emotiona issues
- President NGH, Ottawa Chapter of Hypnotists
- Participant “13 Voices” Mp3 for stress and anxiety 2020